Saturday, June 11, 2011

Goong

A friend of mine pushed and shoved me until I watched and finished this drama. It took me a while to get into it, but I am glad that I kept watching it because is slowly made its way into my heart. I think it might have been that in the beginning I had a hard time relating to any of the characters, but as the show progressed they became a lot more lovable and believable. It isn't going to be at the top of my drama list or anything, but at the end I did cry which for me shows that it struck some nerve. I felt as if the relationship between Shin and Chae Kyung could have been developed a lot more, but they still had chemistry. I did find myself a lot of times throughout the drama almost wanting to punch the screen however. I found a lot of the show frustrating and not in a way that made you want to watch more. It took me quite a long time to finish this drama unlike Shining Inheritance and Boys Before Flowers. I just felt that there was no major climax so even when we were at the last few episodes I wasn't finding myself wanting to watch the next episode to make sure it all turned out well in the end.
I have to admit that I didn't like the heroine Chae Kyung at the beginning of the drama. I found her annoying, but her reactions to the situation were a lot more realistic then Jan Di (Boys Before Flowers) and Eun Sung (Shining Inheritance). A reason you love Eun Sung is because she is so strong, but normal people don't have that sort of perseverance. True Chae Kyung is a little more childish then most people would be when they are force to marry a Crown Prince, but her reactions to Palace life are very typical of what a normal girl would feel. Though I got annoyed with her crying or over reactions I found her believable which is made her hardships all the more emotional, though a lot of the times they could have easily been fixed. 
Once again I fell for the "Other Guy" who is Prince Lee Yul. I found him more attractive as well as a complete sweetheart compared to Shin. Much like the other dramas I watched the lead male worked his way into my heart, but my first "crush" was on the other male lead. I guess that shows good writing though since that is what the director wants you to do usually. As the drama progressed I still loved him, but his character was much too weak in my opinion and after a while he got slightly annoying because he just said the same thing over and over again.


In contrast I found Shin to be too ridged a character. It is alright for the male to hide his feelings, but I felt as if this series went far too long before actually making the relationship "real". You just wait and wait and wait and it gets to the point where you just want to scream at them. I liked Shin and I know that he was supposed to play the arrogant crown prince, but there is a point where it was a little too much and they got very close a couple of times to crossing it. However the one thing that did really impress me was the kissing scene. OMG IT WAS MORE THEN THREE SECONDS. I was really glad that after waiting so freaking long it was an intense scene.   
Overall I think that it is for sure worth a watch if you have time, but it isn't something that I think needs to be watched ASAP. I give it a 3 out of 5. Even though I loved the Queen Mother as well as Princess Hye-myung, Chae Kyung's friends besides Kang-hyun where extremely annoying and the plot wasn't especially driven.



3 comments:

  1. very nice story.. i loved it goong

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chae Kyung expression in this serial very attractive...

      Delete
  2. Yoon Eun Hye suprb acting.... great fan of her....

    ReplyDelete