Saturday, October 30, 2010

Don't call me Bones!

By far one of my favorite shows! I just finished re-watching the first season and it reminded me why I love this show so much. Smart, funny, witty (that is a bit redundant, but whatever) and David Boreanaz how could you go wrong? If you have never seen the show before you can either go on Wikipedia or listen to my very short and probably wrong run down.

Temperance Brennan is a forensic anthropologist who works for the Jeffersonian institute in Washington D.C. Special Agent Seeley Booth is an F.B.I homicide investigator who brings his cases to Brennan because she is the best in the country. Every week an F.B.I case comes to the Jeffersonian and Brennan, who Booth affectionately calls Bones, and her team figure out what happened. Sounds like every other crime show, but what makes Bones is the humor and the characters. You fall in love with Bones, Booth, Angela, Hodgins, and every one else that passes though the lab.

When I re-watched the first season I surprised about how much the focused on Booths military service, which has seemed to die out as the series grows longer. They do mention Booth being in the Rangers from time to time, but many of the cases in the first season bring up Booth's beliefs and ties to the military. Also the friction between Booth and Hodgins who is a conspiracy nut.

Another thing was all the relationship undertones the I forgot were in the beginning of the series. Of course there is the tie between Booth and Bones (If they don't get together at the end of the series I am going to be pissed!), but also Angela and Hodgins. I forgot that they started to mention that even in the very beginning because it becomes so much more evident in the following season.

I highly recommend this series to anyone. It has comedy, action, science, and just about everything else. Here is to hoping that the rest of the series is a good as the first season was.

No comments:

Post a Comment