Friday, October 22, 2010

SHINee!!!!

Okay so I have a slight confession to make to you (though since no one reads this I guess I am making it to myself). My favorite band at this point in time doesn't speak English. In fact they are from South Korea...Seoul to be exact.

SHINee is a South Korean pop band that my friend at work back home turned me onto and I haven't been able to get enough. It is composed of 5 very attractive males :) I am going to list them by their stage names, but if you want the full run down they have a page on Wikipedia (just like almost everything else)

Onew is the leader of the group as well as the oldest though he is not the lead singer. I really like him just from what I have seen from the music videos, though I haven't watched their live action show. I'm not that much of a super fan ;)

Jonghyun is the main vocalist as well as my second favorite member of the group. In their newest music video for the song "hello" he is drop dead sexy. His voice is also absolutely amazing and even before I knew what they were saying I was moved by his voice.

Key is one of the rappers and a vocalist in the group. I know he has a huge fan group and I don't mean to dis them at all, but his parts seem a bit small in the songs. I'm not saying he isn't talented but they seem to have him do a lot of back up harmony. 

Minho is the main rapper in the group, but that is just my personal opinion. He was a model before he joined the group (wonder why?) and is also a permanent cast member on Dream Team Season 2. I haven't watched this, but I am definitely going to look into it so stay posted ;) I personally like him better with longer hair.
Taemin is the youngest of the group and my personal favorite :) He is the lead dancer of the group and has also done acting on the Korean show Taehee-Hyegyo-Jihyun. He is absolutely adorable and though his singing isn't as good as some of the other members he is a lot better then some American singers (I'm not going to name any names.....at this point in time)
I would also like to add that it took quite a but of will power not to put the picture I found of him shirtless in bed up, but I am going to be a good little girl. I also would like to add that I think he is his hottest in the music video for Lucifer *drools a bit on keyboard* I am also going to admit that though I am a fan I am not claiming to be an expert on them. I have not heard everything they have put out, though I really enjoyed all of the mini album Lucifer. I also am a giant fan of the song 'hello' which they just put the music video out for. (You can find their music videos on youtube ;)

One thing I would like to say though is that people who leave comments on youtube really bother me. You are entitled to your opinion so if you don't like SHINee (or any other band) that's fine, but why do you find it necessary to make down right rude and obscene comments about the band and their fans? Most of the comments are racist and only show how much of an ass the commenter is. So from this unimportant college student I have a request, keep it classy kids. If you don't like a group voice you comments respectfully or better yet keep them to yourself.

Or do what I did and start a blog ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment